A clumsy coffee calamity can leave an unsightly, sometimes sticky, stain on the carpet. When you don’t clean it properly it will become a tough stain to remove. It’s best to clean coffee spills early, but people tend to put off cleaning the stain until later.
Old coffee stains from your carpet can be a challenging cleaning task. Here are some steps to help you get the results you’re hoping for.
1. Delicately wet the stain with warm water to extricate dried coffee. Get a dry white cloth to blot the spot. You should start from the edges of the stain and moving inward to prevent the colour affecting the surrounding fibres. Continue the process until no more coffee is absorbed on the cloth.
2. Use available home supplies to remove coffee stains. Before you by commercial products, you can make your own cleaner from your supplies at home. It is less expensive than buying a carpet stain remover on the market. An effective solution to clean carpet stains consists of one tablespoon liquid dish soap, one tablespoon white vinegar, and two cups warm water. This mixture can clean carpets successfully.
3. Use a clean cloth to apply the cleaner. Use the same technique from the start, blot from the edges of the stain and move inward. Wet the cloth into the solution as necessitated to refresh the cleaning solution. Use a clean towel to dry and remove more of the coffee stain.
4. If the spilled coffee has cream or sugar, mix one capful of laundry detergent and one cup of warm water in a dish. Mix the solution to blend it well. Dip a clean cloth in the cleaning solution and blot the old coffee stain to loosen the stickiness of the cream and sugar.
5. Use cool water to rinse the spot. Then dry up as much liquid as possible with a towel, and allow it dry completely.
While the tips above can remove coffee stains from carpet, you may need experts in carpet stain removal Willowbank, particularly stubborn stains. These carpet cleaning experts have experience getting out all kinds of stains out.