Stains are bound to happen to all carpets at one time or another. You try to be careful all the time to protect your carpet in hopes that no spills and accidents will ever happen and ruin the beauty of your carpets and rugs.
There are several ways you can do to remove carpet stains. It is to your advantage to learn some of the proven effective techniques and methods to remove common stains that can be tough to clean if not treated properly as soon as they occur.
One of the tough carpet smudges to clean up is stains caused by pets. If you have a pet at home, you know cleaning up the mess your pet left on the carpet can be challenging. It is not just the pet stains you need to deal with but also the odour that stays on the carpet.
Here are some steps to clean pet urine from carpet and rugs:
- Soak up urine with a thick layer of paper towel. Blot the stain to remove as much moisture as possible.
- Some household products can effectively clean carpet stains. Use white vinegar and water to clean pet stains on the carpet. Mix vinegar and water in a 1:1 ratio, and put the solution in a spray bottle. To ensure it is safe on your carpet or rug, do a spot test on a small portion of the carpet, like the corner or discreet area.
- Allow the vinegar to sit for a few minutes before blotting dry. Do this again if necessary to remove odors.
- To eliminate stubborn smell for good, use baking soda. Sprinkle a fair amount on your carpet or rug, and let it stay for at least 15 minutes or longer. Some leave it overnight for best results.
- When it is dry, thoroughly vacuum the carpet to clear baking soda. Check the stain to make sure it’s gone.
If you are not satisfied with the result, you may consider hiring a professional carpet cleaner. You can find good carpet cleaning companies in Wulkuraka to help you with all your carpet cleaning needs.