Carpets need proper maintenance to keep them looking good and smelling fresh. They will need treatment for stains as they can stay for years. It is important to remove carpet stains with the right solution. Here’s what to do and not to do when cleaning carpet stains.
What to do
- Use a clean cloth to pat the stains
- Clean the stain as quickly as possible
- In case you do not have a special cleaning product, you can make a cleaning solution using ¼ cup white vinegar and 1 tbsp. of dawn dish soap, then add water with it
- The most typical household cleaners you can use are borax, baking soda, and mild dish soap have a pH of 7 or above and work well as carpet stain removal
- Be sure that the carpet cleaning chemicals are safe for kids and pets
What not to do
- Do not rub the stain as this could spread or worsen it
- Do not let the stain sit for a long time
- Do not use very strong chemicals in carpet stain cleaning
Remember these tips when cleaning carpet stains. You can get satisfying results when you know the proper way to clean carpet stains. Also, cleaning spills and stains right away can effectively remove them. Also, it makes cleaning the stain on the carpet less troublesome.
However, there are instances when carpet cleaning gets tough. In this case, you will want to use professional carpet cleaning services. Professional carpet cleaning companies in Willowbank have the experience, expertise and right equipment to get the job done right. Also, they use effective carpet stain removal technique that can restore your carpet’s natural condition.