When you move out of a rental property, it matters when you leave it clean. You sure want to avoid any delay in getting your bond deposit and leaving the rental property clean is the way to go. Here is a list of the most important focus areas to help you carry out a good end of lease cleaning.
- Ready your equipment. You will have to use some specialist cleaning equipment, that includes proprietary cleaning fluid, an upholstery shampoo, cloths and rags, scourers, and spray bottles. Gathering your cleaning tools helps make the job easier and more effective.
- Check the walls. Check for scrape marks on walls. You may be able to rub them off, or you might need to repaint parts of the wall.
- Check the doors. Check the doors and handles and make sure they are clean. Make sure that locks are working.
- Check the windows. Clean the windows inside and out. You may consider getting the service of a professional window cleaner for exterior windows.
- Check the ceilings. An extendable broom comes in handy when cleaning the ceiling. Watch out for cobwebs in the corners of rooms.
- Check Fixtures and fittings. Dust and polish any light fittings and sockets, and take steps to make sure upholstery is free of stains.
- Check the carpets. While it can be a doable task, you may want to hire a carpet cleaning service to get the best result. Professional carpet cleaners are well equipped to deliver quality cleaning and guaranteed work. You can find reliable carpet cleaning companies in Leichhardt for the job.
- Room by room inspection. Check each room to ensure that they are clean and to confirm the conditions for ending your contract.