Carpets are one of the important pieces in your home. Surely, you want clean carpet all year round. But how do you keep your carpet cleaner for longer? Perhaps you recently cleaned, and before you know it, dirt and drab come back. It is best and cost-effective to have your carpets periodically cleaned by professional carpet cleaning companies in Ipswich.
You can also follow these simple tips to maintain a cleaner carpet longer:
- Clean up any spills or accidents immediately with cleaning garments. A quick response is always best to easily and efficiently clean spills on carpet and rugs easily and efficiently.
- Use a good doormat as it helps reduce the amount of soil transferred onto your carpets.
- It may seem an awkward request, but asking visitors to take their shoes off on entry will significantly reduce your carpet wear and tear.
- Regular carpet cleaning can prevent mould, grime, dirt, and stains from sticking to the fibres and causing permanent damage to the material itself. Regular vacuuming helps, particularly around your carpet’s heavy traffic part, which can be quickly worn, with soil being the worst culprit.
- Too much wetting a carpet may lead to material shrinking, cause watermarks, contribute to mould growth, and lose its color.
- Do not leave your carpets uncleaned for a long time. It can result in bad odours and smells because of mould and bacteria that can quickly increase. It can also happen if you try to clean the carpets yourself, and wetting them too much with soapy water will only sink into the fabric and cause it to degrade.
- Use a professional carpet cleaning service to keep your carpet rugs and upholstery clean, dry, and healthy.